Caravan owners in the High Peak are being urged to step up security after a theft in Buxton.
The caravan was stolen from a property on Mosley Road on Saturday afternoon when three male offenders removed a hitch lock and towed it away with a silver coloured Rover.
Now, safer neighbourhood officers are offering caravan security advice, which includes:
• Investing in an alarm system and reliable hitch locks for your caravan;
• Leaving caravans and motorhomes securely locked when unattended including closing windows and doors;
• Pitching near to well-lit areas and close to any campsite CCTV if possible;
• Ensuring all valuable items are stored out of sight in a bid to deter thefts from inside vehicles;
• Marking items inside your caravan with your postcode using a UV Pen, or SmartWater security fluid – this will protect your property when you are using the caravan on a site, but it also makes it more easily identifiable to police in the event of it being lost or stolen;
Campsite owners are also being encouraged to issue safety advice to visitors around vehicle and personal security.
Anyone with information about the incident mentioned above is urged to contact PC Dean Cutts on 101, quoting the crime number given.