Hopeful strongmen braved stormy weather and six gruelling events as they descended on Derbyshire to compete in the Peak District Highland Games.
The event, which took place on Sunday at Matlock Farm Park, saw participants don traditional attire to battle through a stone throw, caber toss and a 12.5 tonne double decker bus pull as crowds looked on.
Andrew Picken, founder of Man Beast Events, which hosted the day, said: “Providing this show at Matlock is the perfect backdrop over the Derbyshire Dales to be pulling buses, tossing the caber and carrying huge stones to display the awesome strength of these guys.
Mark Anglesea, referee and two-times Guinness World Record holder, said: “We set up these events to offer a different challenge to the competitors that involved not only strength but speed, agility and technique.”
The crowds enhjoyed music from the Manchester Phoenix bagpipe band.
The final results were:
Final results were;
1. Scott Mark Litchfield (2017+2018 winner) 56 points
2. Jake Rideout - 48 points
3. Simon Knowles - 44 points
4. Ashton Bear Reid (joint placed) - 38 points
4. Rob Marsh (joint placed) - 38 points
5. Zac Perry (joint placed) - 36 points
5. Dominic Helliwell (joint placed) - 36 points
6. Tom Bebb - 34 points
7. Richard Hansen - 31 Points
8. Ross Phillips - 29 points
9. Ian Phillips - 23 points
10 Matt Jackson - 17 points
11 Nick Ducker - 10 points