Candle causes fire at sheltered housing property in Buxton

editorial image

One person was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a sheltered housing property in Buxton last night (Friday).

Crews attended Queen’s Court on Queen’s Road at 10.38pm after the activation of an automatic fire alarm.

On arrival they discovered a fire in the bedroom of one of the flats on the ground floor of the building, which was slightly smoke logged. One male casualty was rescued by the crews and the fire was extinguished by 11.08pm.

An investigation discovered it had been caused by a candle burning a bedside cabinet.