Buxton firefighters called to house fire as loft 'smoulders'

Derbyshire Fire and Rescue
Derbyshire Fire and Rescue

Firefighters tackled a fire in a house last night after a log burner set fire to wood in a loft.

Derbyshire FIre and Rescue said they were called after 9.30pm yesterday to the incident off Peaslow Lane, Peaslow.

Crews from Chapel-en-le-Frith and Buxton attended the chimney fire.

A spokesperson said: "The fire at a domestic premises involved a log burner and smouldering timbers in the loft.

"Firefighters used chimney gear to extinguish the fire."