FOOD and drink businesses which have successfully made the shortlist for a prestigious award have been revealed.
Derbyshire County Council today (Wednesday September 7) announced which businesses, ranging from tea rooms and gastro pubs to restaurants and cafes have successfully made it onto the shortlist of each of the categories for this year’s Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards.
Now judges from the Quality in Tourism team, CAMRA and other industry professionals will make undercover visits to each of the shortlisted venues before deciding on the winners.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at Thornbridge Hall on November 2.
It is the tenth year the county council has run the Derbyshire Food & Drink Awards, which are title-sponsored by Greenhalgh Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors, with Holdsworth Foods as a contributing sponsor.
Shortlisted venues in the restaurant, gastro-pub and international category will be assessed by Quality in Tourism assessors and will receive the ‘Taste Derbyshire’ accreditation and mark of quality.
Derbyshire County Council Cabinet Member for Regeneration Councillor Kevin Parkinson said: “There is a fantastic selection of high quality food and drink businesses across Derbyshire to suite everyone’s tastes.
“Our awards are a way of celebrating the quality and selection available as well as highlighting the use of locally-sourced produce and the excellent service given to customers.”
The shortlists are:
Restaurant of the Year:
* Mileburne Restaurant – Melbourne
* Horsley Lodge - Horsley
* Charles Cotton Hotel - Hartington
* The Maynard - Grindleford
* Mansion Restaurant – Derby
* Le Mistral - Wirksworth
* Le Mistral – Bakewell
* Va Bene – Glossop
* Calabria - Chesterfield
* The Devonshire Arms – Beeley
* The Red Lion Pub & Bistro – Stonedge
* Chequers Inn, Froggatt
* The White Bear – Stretton
* Druid Inn – Birchover
* The Elm Tree – Elmton
* The Royal Oak – Hurdlow
* The Yorkshire Bridge Inn – Hope Valley
* The Sir William - Grindleford
* The Lathkil Hotel - Bakewell
* Devonshire Arms - Pilsley
* Devonshire Arms – Middle Handley
Tea Rooms/Coffee House:
* No.6 The Square Tearooms - Buxton
* Woodlands Tearooms – Charlesworth
* Koo Coffee - Brampton
* Aisseford Tearooms – Ashford-in-the-Water
* Hassop Station Café – Hassop
* The Cube - Derby
* Fresh Ground – Belper
* Nice – Bakewell
* Gallery Café - Ashbourne
* The Yonderman Café – Wardlow
* Fresh Basil – Belper
* Old Smithy Tearooms – Monyash
* Old Hall Hotel - Buxton
Restaurant within an Attraction:
* Bournes Restaurant – Denby Pottery Visitor centre
* Mainsail Restaurant – Carsington Water
* Cavendish Rooms – Chatsworth House
* The Calke Abbey Restaurant
The Local Food Hero shortlist will be announced at a later date.