Firefighters have been called out to Chatsworth House this afternoon.
Crews from Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service are currently at the property tackling a small chimney fire.
They were called out at 3.10pm this afternoon and the incident is still being dealt with.
Chatsworth House has closed to visitors as a result of the fire, but its garden and farmyard have stayed open as normal.
A spokesman for Chatsworth said: “Due to a small chimney fire, the house is closed for the rest of the day, May 1.
“The garden and farmyard will remain open as per our usual opening times.
“Please be assured that the fire brigade are on site and the fire is under control.”
The popular attraction was recently chosen as a finalist in the ‘Large Visitor Attraction’ category of Visit England’s Excellence Awards.
The winner will be announced on May 9.