Blaze breaks out in Buxton home

Firefighters extinguished the blaze.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze.

An unattended chip pan caused a fire in the kitchen of a Buxton house last night.

Firefighters attended the incident on Elizabeth Avenue in Fairfield at around 10.15pm.

MORE: Bouncing back after the Toddbrook crisis, Whaley Bridge is bustling again - in pictures

Crews extinguished the blaze and also used specialist equipment to clear smoke from neighbouring houses.

A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "The occupants were safe and well.

"The cause of the fire was an unattended chip pan."

MORE: Police appeal after two bikes stolen from garden shed near Buxton