Bird’s nest causes chimney fire at New Mills house

News from the fire service...
News from the fire service...
Share this article

A bird’s nest caused a chimney to catch fire at a house in New Mills.

Firefighters from New Mills and Whaley Bridge were called to the property on Buxton Road at about 8.30pm last night.

They used special gear to gain access to the chimney flue before removing the nest and tackling the fire.

A spokesman for Derbyshire fire service said: “In order to keep you and your family safe, you need to take necessary steps to ensure your chimney is swept regularly.”