BUYING a first home can be daunting, but when you buy with Barratt, you can get professional help and guidance every step of the way
And for a couple from Church Gresley, getting that first step on to the property ladder was a lot easier than anticipated.
Rob Southern, 20, and his girlfriend, Lottie Randon, also 20, have bought a three-bedroom Larch style property at Barratt East Midlands’ Highgrove development on Westminster Drive, in Church Gresley.
The couple took advantage of Barratt’s shared equity scheme called Head Start which not only reduced the amount of mortgage that they had to secure but also the amount of deposit that they needed to put down.
Forklift instructor Rob, said: “Lottie and I were both living with our parents but after being together for two years we decided to save and buy a place of our own.
“We looked around a number of properties but it was the house at Highgrove that we fell in love with.”
Lottie added: “We looked at other new build homes in the area but the size and price of didn’t compare.
“It’s a lovely home with a lot of storage space and we’ve even got a garage where Rob keeps his bikes and other boys toys.”
Thanks to Barratt’s Head Start scheme, the couple were able to buy their new home for initially just 85 per cent of the asking price. The remaining 15 per cent was funded by a deferred Barratt loan which is payable either in ten years time or when the property sells, whichever comes sooner.