High Peak local plan consultation starts
Public consultation on a vital document that will shape development across the High Peak until 2028 has started this week.
High Peak Borough Council (HPBC) is currently working on a new Local Plan that will earmark land for housing, employment and a leisure across the borough and, once adopted will be used to help determine planning applications.
A series of drop-in sessions giving High Peak residents the chance to view maps of the proposed development sites and have their say began this week.
The sessions will take place at:
• Chapel-en-le-Frith Town Hall on Monday March 11 between 6.30pm and 8.30pm
• The Octagon, Pavilion Gardens, Buxton, on Wednesday March 13 from noon to 3pm and Monday March 25 from 6.30pm to 8.30pm
• Chinley parish room on Thursday March 14 from 6.30pm to 8.30pm
• Whaley Bridge Uniting Church on Tuesday March 19 from 6.30pm to 8.30pm
• Spring Bank Arts Centre, New Mills, on Thursday March 21 from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Cllr Godfrey Claff, HPBC executive councillor for regeneration, said: “The Local Plan is a vitally-important document that will determine how the High Peak develops for the best part of two decades.
“If you want to influence the allocation of land for housing, employment and leisure - and our policies to protect the countryside - now is the time to make your voice heard.”
The Local Plan consultation is asking residents for their views on the council’s preferred approaches for the key issues addressed by the plan including:
• The number of new homes to be provided across High Peak up to the year 2028.
• How the new homes will be distributed across each of the three sub areas of Glossopdale, the Central Area and Buxton.
• Sites identified for new housing.
• Other development issues - Where new businesses should be located; areas identified for leisure or recreation or protection from development; planning proposals for key sites and town centres.
• Policies that will help decide future planning applications.
Copies of the draft plan are available in council offices or at www.highpeak.gov.uk.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Buxton
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West