A massive clean up operation is underway as the Packhorse Hotel in Hayfield prepares to re-open tomorrow (Saturday 21) just two days after a serious fire.
Owner Simon Woodhall said: “We have a fantastic team here who have helped with the clean up and the water damage has been cleared.”
He said the bar and restaurant were set to re-open on Saturday (April 21) but more extensive work was needed to repair the fire damaged function room on the first floor.
Functions have been cancelled but it is hoped repairs will be completed in the next few weeks.
Fire crews from New Mills, Glossop, Chapel and Buxton, were called to the scene after the alarm was raised in the early hours of Thursday (April 19).
A chimney fire had spread causing extensive damage to the first floor of the property.