A Peak District hotel and pub has reopened less than 24 hours after being ravaged by fire.
The Old Hall Hotel on Market Place, Hope, is back in business following Friday night’s blaze.
Landlord Rick Ellison said: “I am pleased to announce The Old Hall is now open.
“Thanks to all my fantastic staff we opened in less than 24 hours.”
He said an “extensive deep clean” had been carried out by his dedicated team.
Mr Ellison described the fire as “significant”.
Firefighters were called to The Old Hall Hotel at about 6pm on Friday.
At its height eight fire appliances were at the scene, along with an aerial ladder platform.
Nobody was injured in the blaze, which was eventually extinguished by about 10.30pm.
It is believed a deep fat fryer may have caused the fire.
On the streets of Hope on Saturday morning, villagers expressed their shock at the incident.
Carole and Jeremy Stanish, of the Blue Apple cafe, which is adjacent to The Old Hall Hotel, were outside packing tables and chairs away when the drama unfolded.
Mr Stanish said: “Staff and customers came running out and stood in the car park.
“It looked like the whole village came out to see what was happening.
“You don’t expect this type of thing to happen on your street but thank goodness nobody was hurt.”
Firefighters from Hathersage, Chapel-en-le-Frith, Buxton, Whaley Bridge and New Mills, along with crews from neighbouring South Yorkshire, battled the blaze.
A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: “Initially, the fire was fought in the roof space.
“After the fire was knocked down from the roof, the fire was located in the first floor,” he added.
Police closed the A6187 between Castleton and Bamford to aid the firefighting operation.
Mr Ellison thanked the community for their nice comments and offers of support following the drama.